Japan 100 Year Retrospective Exhibition~ The Life and Art of Tasha Tudor~ March 18, 2015 This exhibit features hundreds of artifacts and art from Tasha’s Vermont home. This exhibit will travel Japan for two years before closing in 2017. First venue opens March 18 in Tokyo at Matsuya Ginza.
Yamanashi, Japan Tasha Tudor Mini-Museum Tasha Tudor as a Young Mother
April 18 through November 17, 2014
This exhibit features a dozen black and white photos Nell Dorr, American photographer and a family friend of Tasha’s, took of Tasha in her 20s and her happy moments as a young mother. Also exhibited at the Mini-Museum are:
- About 100 greeting cards Tasha designed.
- Some 50 books Tasha wrote and/or illustrated, including the early editions of Calico Books and the books authored by her husband Tomas McCready.
- A few original letters Tasha wrote, including mini-letters from her doll Emma to one of Tasha’s friends.
- A few items Tasha crafted: a mini-basket, a doll with her bonnet, cape, and a two-piece dress all modeled in 1860s fashion.
- Things to give the visitors a better idea of Tasha’s life: a replica of her settle chair, a bookstand, a pair of beeswax candles, a tin-kitchen, some books Tasha loved, samples of advent calendars Tasha created for her children, etc.
- Other reference material such as newspaper and magazine articles.
- Photos of Tasha’s Corgi Cottage and the garden.
April 2014 through the end of 2014.
Current hours and other information regarding the A IS FOR ANNABELLE DISPLAY is available to anyone who calls the de Grummond Collection’s office at (601)266-4349.
Summer exhibit dates: June 25 – September 20, 2014
Explore the fascinating world of children’s books, their authors and illustrators from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Items on view from the Hower Collection and private collectors. Available during tour times (Wednesday – Saturday, noon – 3:30 pm) and by appointment. Group rates available; call for details. Call ahead for availability. Call or email for reservation Information: (330)972-6909 (firstname.lastname@example.org)